Mobile Applic. Dev. – Two Year (MAHW)
Campus Location: North York campus
Intake: Fill out the contact form below for more information
The Mobile Application Development Two-year Graduate Certificate program will prepare students for entry into the exciting and rapidly changing field of mobile application development. The demand for access to information on the mobile device continues to grow and evolve.
In the first two semesters of this program, students will learn and apply the fundamentals of web and mobile application development for smartphones and tablets. Students will also develop essential programming skills required for the rapidly changing mobile applications.
Educational Path/Degree Opportunities
Co-op or Field Placement
The two-year program has the option of the independent study project that can be completed in either semesters three or four. Students will also be required to complete at least one paid co-op work term.
Graduates may seek employment within:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Government Agencies
- Financial Institutions
- Software development companies
- Educational Institutions
- Health Services
- Employment Services
|2.||Android Development using Java||JAV1001||5|
|3.||iOS Development using Swift||ISP1002||5|
|4.||Mobile Web:Cross-platform Development||WEB1001||4|
|5.||Entrepreneurship in I.T.||ENT1001||4|
|6.||Mobile Infrastructure: Introduction to Enterprise||ISP1003||4|
|7.||Programming: Hands-on iOS Development||CMP1000||5|
|8.||Hands-on Android Development||ISP1004||5|
|9.||Mobile Web: PHP and MySQL||CMP1005||4|
|12.||Co-op 1 or Applied Project*||TBD|
|13.||Co-op 2 or Applied Project*||TBD|
* Must complete a minimum of one Co-op.
Hanson International Academy specializes in educating international students and only accepts non-Canadian applicants possessing valid study permits into programs for which it partners with Cambrian College.
Secondary School Diploma or mature student status, including:
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year post secondary IT related Program
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year postsecondary program, and relevant work experience in the IT industry (may be considered on an individual basis)
Applicants from non-English-speaking countries must achieve the minimum requirements of:
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 issued in the past 24 months
- Exemptions may be granted to students who have completed at least 3 years of formal academic studies in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Students can also satisfy the English language proficiency requirement by successfully completing the EAP program offered by HSL School of Languages. Please visit the HSL School of Languages website for further information.
All applicants can be asked to obtain a minimum score on Hanson International Academy’s English Placement Test before final approval of their application and completion of their registration.