Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant (HRBH)
Campus Location: Brampton campus
Intake: Winter 2019 | Spring 2019 | Fall 2019
Level of Study: Diploma
In the Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant program, the focus will be on the practical aspects of hospitality service. The program has been designed so that students develop and acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the workforce and to perform their roles in front-line service. Students will be instructed in mixology, wines, customer service, hotel services, and menu planning and design. They will also be provided with an introduction to managerial concepts including accounting, marketing, law and human resource management.
Educational Path/Degree Opportunities
Co-op or Field Placement
A mandatory field placement is available to Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant students in the last eight weeks of the program’s fourth and final semester.
University Degree Opportunities
Graduates of this program may continue their studies at university and may receive credit for their prior College education. Refer to College/University Agreements at www.cambriancollege.ca for further information.
Graduates may seek employment within:
- Hotel and front desk
- Food and beverage operations
- Resort hosting
- Banquet planning
- Corporate event management
- Fees do not include books (unless specifically noted), supplies or living costs.
- Fees do include medical insurance and ancillary fees.
Hanson International Academy specializes in educating international students and only accepts non-Canadian applicants possessing valid study permits into programs for which it partners with Cambrian College.
Secondary School Diploma or mature student status, including:
- any grade 12 English
- any grade 11 mathematics
- recommended: computer competency in word processing, excel spreadsheet, and web-browser software
Applicants from non-English-speaking countries must achieve the minimum requirements of:
- Overall IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 issued in the past 24 months
- Exemptions may be granted to students who have completed at least 3 years of formal academic studies in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Students can also satisfy the English language proficiency requirement by successfully completing the EAP program offered by HSL School of Languages. Please visit the HSL School of Languages website for further information.
All applicants can be asked to obtain a minimum score on Hanson International Academy’s English Placement Test before final approval of their application and completion of their registration.