Frequently Asked Questions by Students
COVID-19 | Initial Questions from Students
The situation with COVID-19 is changing rapidly. Hanson is taking proactive steps to protect our students and to help stop the spread of the virus. As of Sunday, March 15, all classes are continuing online through Schoology. We will send instructions about exams in the next few days.
1. Why are we moving classes online?
- The decision to move courses online through Schoology is to protect students and staff from the spread of the virus.
- Currently there are no reported cases of COVID-19 in the Hanson community.
- We aligned our decision to move classes online by following the example led by the Ontario government which has closed publicly funded schools until April 6th.
2. Is the campus closed?
- Yes. All Hanson campuses and classrooms are closed until further notice.
- Staff members are available through email should you have any questions.
3. How will I finish my courses?
- Your instructors are moving all coursework to Schoology.
- Please check Schoology daily to stay up to date with readings and assignments.
4. How will I write exams?
- All exams will be online. Please check Schoology for instructions from your teachers on exam dates and deadlines.
5. I have a field placement. Will I be able to finish?
Please contact Co-op & Career Services for further questions about field placements.
Contact Person: Laura Logiacco (email@example.com)
6. I’m in my last semester. Will I still graduate?
- Yes. Completing all your courses will allow you to graduate.
- We are doing our best to ensure this transition to online learning is as seamless as possible for all our students.
7. I have more questions. Who can I ask?
- If you have other questions related to the changes being implemented because of the COVID-19 virus please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also use the form below to reach email@example.com
- We are working on implementing a live chat to answer your questions as we understand that this situation is a difficult experience for us all.