Cloud Computing (CCBH)
Campus Location: Brampton campus
Intake: Fill out the contact form below for more information
Cloud Computing is an emerging and evolving area of specialization within the IT industry. As businesses and governments migrate their IT services to the cloud environment, there will be a need for well-trained individuals to manage both the transition to and integration of, the cloud.
This two-year graduate certificate program will focus on understanding the cloud service models, the financial, technological and organizational implications of migrating to the cloud, the storing and sharing of data using the cloud, as well as security and privacy implications of cloud computing. In semester four, students are expected to complete a mandatory 15-week paid Co-op work term which will offer hands-on professional experience and industry connections.
Educational Path/Degree Opportunities
Co-op or Field Placement
A mandatory Co-op experience is available to Cloud Computing students in the fourth semester. Students must complete this Co-op to graduate from the program.
University Degree Opportunities
Graduates from this program may continue their studies at university and may receive credit for their prior College education. Refer to College/University Agreements at www.cambriancollege.ca for further information.
Graduates may seek employment within:
- Coud software engineer
- Cloud sales
- Cloud engineer
- Cloud services developer
- Cloud systems administrator
- Cloud consultant
- Fees do not include books (unless specifically noted), supplies or living costs.
- Fees do include medical insurance and ancillary fees.
|3.||Local Area Networks||CET2306||5|
|4.||Install/Confiq Windows Servers||CET1210||4|
|6.||MS Exchange Server||CET1006||4|
|7.||Cloud Application & Deployment||CET1010||4|
|8.||Administering Windows Server||CET2310||4|
|9.||Mobile Device Fundamentals||CMP1007||4|
|11.||Virtual Machine Manager||BTA1011||4|
|16.||Confiq Adv Win Servr. Service||CET2425||4|
Hanson International Academy specializes in educating international students and only accepts non-Canadian applicants possessing valid study permits into programs for which it partners with Cambrian College.
Secondary School Diploma or mature student status, including:
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year post secondary IT related Program
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year postsecondary program, and relevant work experience in the IT industry (may be considered on an individual basis)
Applicants from non-English-speaking countries must achieve the minimum requirements of:
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 issued in the past 24 months
- Exemptions may be granted to students who have completed at least 3 years of formal academic studies in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Students can also satisfy the English language proficiency requirement by successfully completing the EAP program offered by HSL School of Languages. Please visit the HSL School of Languages website for further information.
All applicants can be asked to obtain a minimum score on Hanson International Academy’s English Placement Test before final approval of their application and completion of their registration.